SiVIC (Silicon Valley Interreligious Council) is participating this year again in the annual “Compassion Games: Survival of the Kindest Coopetition” from September 11th to September 21st, the Days of Global Unity. Let’s challenge and inspire our neighbors to make our community a safer, kinder, more just, and better place to live!
What are the Compassion Games?
They are a series of events held during this time sponsored by the various religious communities in Silicon Valley. In keeping with that, our Interfaith Devotions on September 25th will be focused on Compassion in Action.
The Compassion Games calls all people from all sectors and all parts of our world to share the vision of justice and equality, and collaborate to create a more connected, caring community. Together as engaged citizens, we can strengthen what’s already working in our communities, and produce a collective impact that is greater than the work each of us, or any one of our organizations, can produce individually.
How can YOU play?
Individuals can play by:
- Carrying out an act of compassion – any random act of kindness and then report that act at crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report. In the report enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team Name and “#CompassionSiliconValley” in Team Hashtag fields. Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
- Signing up to be a “Secret Agent of Compassion” – you will receive daily mission briefings to act on. For more info, click: compassiongames.org/compassion-games/secret-agent/
- Downloading the Compassion Today App on your smart phone from “AppStore, GooglePlay, or Amazon” (Free). This is a one-stop access point for Compassion Games. For More info, see: compassiongames.org/compassion-games/compassion-today/
Congregations or teams can play by:
- Organizing service projects (acts of compassion or promote compassion) for the congregational team or group team.
- Organizing events open to the public that foster help, support, or compassion for others.
- Many different examples of how people are playing can be found at crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report
- After the event, report it at Compassion games website. Please enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team name field and “#CompassionateSiliconValley” in the Team Hashtag field. Enter your organization name in the “Affiliated Group, Organization” field.
- Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
- Remember to let SiVIC know of your activities/events at CG2015@sivicouncil.org, so that we can publicize them!
- Team Leader reports on this act of compassion (Service project) at: crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report In the report enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team Name and “#CompassionateSiliconValley” in Team Hashtag fields. Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
To find out about Compassion Games events you can participate in, visit the SiVIC website. For more detailed information about Compassion Games, visit compassiongames.org.