It’s that time of year again!
At Ridvan we celebrate the beginning of Baha’u’llah’s public ministry and to elect our Local Spiritual Assembly—an institution specifically ordained by Baha’u’llah. Our annual meeting is the gathering at which we review our past year’s accomplishments and begin to plan for the coming year.
We are happy to announce that this year, we will hold our annual meeting and election in person at the Baha’i center in San Jose on Wednesday, April 21, 2023, at 5:30 pm.
Points to remember:
- While a community membership list will be posted in the Baha’i center during the annual meeting, we ask that the friends do not take pictures of it. This is in order to comply with privacy policies set by our National Spiritual Assembly.
- Following the announcement from the Universal House of Justice, youth 18 years and older are eligible to vote, though the minimum age to serve on the Assembly is still 21.
- The Online Balloting System (OBS) is once more available as a voting method. Our love and gratitude for this service go out to the friends in the Ukraine.
Note: The absentee/online voting period runs from Wednesday, April 5th, to Friday, April 21, at 5:00 pm.
All Baha’is in good standing residing in San Jose will receive a voting packet in the mail, which will include:
- A brief summary of community activities for the last Bahá’í year, including attendance of the Assembly meetings
- Detailed voting instructions, via in-person, phone, text, or email
- A ballot sheet and a return envelope